Who we are ⚡
Zinc builds automated reference and background checking tools for forward-thinking companies that really care about candidate experience. Founded in 2017, Zinc has a unique approach to background checking, that's redefining industry standards. We're an early-stage startup going through rapid growth. Zinc offers an exciting opportunity within a small, tight-knit team that is motivated to get their best work from each other. Read more about our story here: https://zincwork.com/mission
We help customers put scalable checking processes in place that will give clear candidate insights and empower candidates. Our mission is to allow companies to become more efficient at hiring and create unforgettable candidate journeys by gifting candidates ownership over their data. We're proud to be helping some of the most iconic employer brands in the UK hire. Read what our customers say about Zinc: https://zincwork.com/customers
We're a culture first company, and enjoy an active calendar of both company and team organised events! Making the most of our London location we have regular company socials which usually involve dinner, an activity (darts, shuffleboard, bowling, etc) and drinks. We have a team bouldering club 🧗, a poker club ♠️, a slow cooker society 🍲, running club (aka Zinc Zoomers!) 🏃 and regular board games!
The big event in the Zinc calendar for team bonding is our annual retreat ✈️: in 2022 we went to Tuscany, Italy 🇮🇹 and for 2023 we're off to Bergerac in France 🇫🇷!
Zinc is a company built on transparency, empowerment and data ownership.
We recently redefined our company values: Life at Zinc is: Focused, Empowered and Trusted.
The Role 💼
The Enterprise Development Exec (EDR) will be focussed on market entry into enterprise businesses within the UK working closely with the VP Sales, CMO and SDR team lead.
The right person will be a brilliant verbal & written communicator, expert networker, strategic and have excellent sales aptitude. They will also have to have an entrepreneurial and creative streak with bundles of resilience.
Your first 3 months
- Get comfortable with Zinc as a business understanding our offering and market.
- Learn all about background checking and the Zinc platform
- Helping to formulate our enterprise strategy.
- Begin to map out the enterprise segment looking to identify target accounts.
- Create detailed account plans to assist with identifying RFP’s.
- Generate opportunities by using the latest technology and techniques from the tech SaaS world (social selling, automation, multi channel prospecting etc)
- Attend networking events and build your relationships in the space
At 6 months
- You will be generating enterprise level opportunities for the sales team to act upon.
- Have comprehensively mapped possible targets within the UK, the key contacts within them and have identified when a targeted proportion are up for tender.
There will be a number of behavioural and attitude traits that will allow someone to thrive in the the role and in an early stage startup environment
Entrepreneurial & self starting
- You always come up with possible solutions when you raise a problem.
- You are constantly looking around for ways to make things better, and help the team win
A strong sense of personal accountability
- You hold yourself to higher standards than the people around you
- You want to succeed, and believe that although external factors can make things easier or harder ultimately the outcomes are within your control
- Strong verbal & written communication
- You thrive in a networking event
- If you can write concisely, persuasively and nearly always get the tone just right
- A natural storyteller
- You listen more than you talk, and always know the right questions to get others talking
- Structured, highly organised and evidence driven
- You are hyper organised, and rarely let things slip through your net
- You look for evidence when deciding what works, and pivot your strategy if it doesn't.
Useful Knowledge & Experience
- It would be great if you have done some business development (sales) before
- Why? - sales is an emotional rollercoaster and requires resilience. It’s also great to know you like it
- Exposure to recruitment or HR Tech
- Why? - You’ll be reaching out to Heads of People, Heads of People, Talent & HR. If you have been exposed to that world, and understand what people in it want, it’s no bad thing
- Modern sales techniques and tools (i.e. automation, tech tools).
- We can teach you everything you need to know, but if you know your LinkedIn from your Hubspot already - great!
What we offer 🍉
Zinc offers a chance to work on a product that brings a fresh perspective on data ownership in hiring
- Salary range of £60-70K OTE
- Hybrid working (2 days per week in London)
- Shares for real part ownership in the business
- Regular team socials
- 24 days holiday + your birthday off (+ bank holidays)
- Access to MoreHappi - unlimited free coaching for your work and personal goals!
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, & Adoption Leave
- Apple laptop and latest tech gear for your home workstation
- £1200 annual benefits allowance
- Early finish Fridays
- A high level of autonomy