Senior iOS Engineer
SmartDeFi is introducing a new value layer: DeFi Risk Assessment. We are seeking a Senior iOS Engineer to help us make that happen.
What is DeFi?
DeFi (Decentralized Finance) is a democratized alternative to the current system CeFi (Centralized Financial), where individuals can take control of their finances without the cost and risks of relying on intermediaries.
What is SmartDeFi?
SmartDeFi is an easy to use, non-custodial investment app which fulfills the needs of traditional investors who want to make their first DeFi investments, but don’t understand the risks involved or how to take the first steps.
SmartDeFi has recently closed Pre-seed funding and will be launching an MVP iOS app in Q1 2022.
The MVP app is built on Idle Finance (DeFi Protocol); Gnosis Safe (Multisig Wallet); Polygon Network (Layer 2 Aggregator); Wyre (Fiat On-ramp); and Torus Labs (Web3 Login).
SmartDeFi is hiring a Senior iOS Engineer for long term employment. This is a ground floor opportunity at a funded Web3 startup. You will be working directly with the CTO, Product Manager, Backend, iOS and Smart Contract developers on a daily basis.
- Code the design and develop the mobile app functionality
- Implement KYC and payment systems (Stripe, Plaid, Wyre)
- Implement and maintain web3 integrations (Custom Auth, Fiat on-ramps, etc.)
- Work with backend engineers to design APIs and integrate into the app
- Interact directly with smart contracts
- Own the development lifecycle including planning, architecture, development, testing and maintenance
- Work closely and collaborate with product, design and developer teams
- Write maintainable code and use best practices
- 5+ years experience building native iOS apps, minimum 2 years with Swift
- Experience in fast paced, remote DevOps environment
- Experience consuming external APIs (signing transactions, validation, middleware, tokens)
- Strong expertise implementing designs in mobile applications
- Experience with databases in mobile applications
- Experience with Ethereum web3 technologies in mobile apps
- Understanding of Multisig wallets (preferably Gnosis Safe)
- Experience building crypto/DeFi iOS apps
- Experience developing mobile financial applications.
- Desire and ability to eventually manage your own development team
- Full time/40 hours a week; hourly rate TBD based on experience
- Equity compensation package based on experience
- Token compensation package based on experience
Please respond with 100% of the following if you wish to be considered for this opportunity:
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Github URL or Equivalent
- Linkedin URL
- What is your current bandwidth and availability over the next 6-8 weeks?
- What is your experience with Web3 and/or DeFi?
- What is your experience building iOS apps with swift?
Thank you! We look forward to hearing from you :)