Mawari Network Blockchain Engineer
At Mawari, we believe the next era of the Internet will be experienced through XR devices. It represents a fundamental and pivotal change on how we work, socialize and learn today. To power the next generation of the Internet and drive mainstream adoption, we need to meet or surpass the scale and quality of service we have in today’s Internet. In order to achieve this, a new infrastructure and technology stack needs to be built and integrated. To make this a reality we are building The Mawari Network. We also believe this new infrastructure should be a public good.
What we are building
The Mawari Network is a decentralized 3D & XR content delivery platform that breaks the bottlenecks of infrastructure supply for real-time rendering, and the lack of local compute power on XR Devices. We do this by orchestrating a decentralized network of GPU-powered nodes that run the Mawari Engine, a proprietary technology stack that allows to render interactive 3D content and stream it efficiently in real-time to mobile XR devices at scale. We believe Web3 principles in conjunction with our core technology will accelerate the scalability of the Mawari Network.
Why work with us
Mawari is a pioneer in Cloud Rendering and Streaming technologies. Our core technology has been validated in the market through repeated success in the XR industry with over 40+ deployments to date worldwide. We have strong world-class partnerships with the most influential companies in the XR/Metaverse industry. Mawari’s founding team is visionary, seasoned, and balanced. We have kept the company self-funded and post-revenue since 2017. Mawari has recently completed a successful funding round from world-class investors for the expansion of its core technology team. Come join us to make a difference by building a public good and defining the future of the internet.
About The Role
In this position, you will work with a small team of multidisciplinary engineers and product managers to build a platform, Mawari Network, on top of a blockchain system that scales XR applications with global resources(storage, GPU and network services).
You will mainly interact with a distributed rendering and streaming 3D content system that will have all its security and transparency over the Polygon blockchain network and you will be responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of tokenization services among Mawari Network stakeholders.
- Smart Contract Development: develop, test, and deploy smart contracts using Solidity and zkEVM compatibility.
- Optimization & Security: Ensure the blockchain solutions are optimized for performance and fortified against vulnerabilities.
- Backend Development: Craft and maintain robust backend systems ensuring seamless integration with blockchain and internal Mawari systems.
- Micro-services Management: Design, implement, and oversee microservices architectures.
- Infrastructure & Tools: Engage with technologies like Telegraf, Kafka, and Consul to sustain platform robustness.
- DevOps & Continuous Integration/Deployment (CD/CI): Oversee the deployment pipeline, ensuring a streamlined development-to-deployment flow.
- Proficient in Solidity and smart contract development.
- Extensive knowledge of blockchain security measures, best practices, and pitfalls to avoid.
- Proven experience with backend development and microservices architectures.
- Hands-on experience with Telegraf, Kafka, and Consul.
- Familiarity with modern DevOps tools and practices, including continuous integration and deployment.
- Previous experience with the Polygon and Ethereum chains is a definite advantage.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Education and Experience
We are most interested in what you have accomplished and your demonstrated ability to succeed in this role. You may have some or all of the following:
- A degree in engineering or computer science
- 2 or more years of experience in blockchain/web3 projects
- Experience working with local and remote teams, including experience working internationally
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, stock option plan and extended health benefits (Medical, dental, prescription and more).
Perks and Work-Life Balance
We’re establishing our office at the Waterloo Accelerator Centre - a modern and vibrant facility adjacent to the University of Waterloo campus. It’s conveniently located on the Ion electric light rail system running North-South here in Waterloo Region. The Waterloo Accelerator is a modern work environment with plenty of natural light, open space and flexible meeting areas as well as free coffee/tea/beverages. We offer Flex-time work schedules, and vacation time.
- We will consider a fully remote position in some instances.
- Contract or full-time employment may also be considered.
- This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic team of successful serial entrepreneurs, software developers, researchers, and graphics engineers, and an extraordinary opportunity to build technologies that will enable the next iteration of the internet for billions of people.
Mawari is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. We are building a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that this benefits our employees, our customers, our products, and our community.