Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
About Ex Populus:
Ex Populus is a leading game development studio with industry veterans from acclaimed companies like Pixar, Ubisoft, Activision, Blizzard, and more. Currently developing two highly anticipated games, Final Form and LAMOverse, the studio is a trailblazer in deploying games on the Xai Blockchain.
What You'll Do
- Work with engineers on the design, deployment, and continuous improvement of key infrastructure services (e.g., logging, monitoring, alerting).
- Build development environments and tools for internal use.
- Assist developers in debugging local deployment and optimizing computing environments.
- Scope work, manage tasks, and estimate project delivery.
- Provide guidance on long-range platform requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on automation and continuous improvement of service composability and availability.
- Develop and own best practices/methodologies for provisioning, application scaling, configuration management, capacity planning, monitoring, etc. to improve organization-wide visibility into how distributed systems interact and perform in production.
- Analyze and comprehend how customers are using the platform and help drive continuous improvement of the offering based on that.
- Lead daily operational goals with the team.
- Uphold high standards of engineering excellence in coding, testing, and deployment.
- Implement and maintain robust security measures to protect against threats such as DDoS attacks, DNS vulnerabilities, and other cyber threats.
- Develop and enforce security best practices throughout the organization, enhancing system security and resilience against potential breaches.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years work experience in a DevOps or similar role
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience a plus
- Proficient with Terraform, Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Typescript, and MongoDB
- Experience creating docker-compose and Kubernetes configurations and environments
- Experience optimizing and building infrastructure for NodeJS environments
- Experience building robust CI/CD pipelines using Google Cloud Build
- In-depth, hands-on experience with Linux & MacOSX, networking, server, and cloud architectures
- Proven understanding of configuration, deployment, management and maintenance of large cloud-hosted systems; including auto-scaling, monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting and disaster recovery
- Proficiency with source control, continuous integration, and testing pipelines
- A strong background in open source technology