Visual Development Lead
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2022
Ex Populus is a cutting-edge gaming and entertainment startup focused on building the Metaverse by leveraging web3 technology. Founded by notable executives from PC, Console, Mobile, VR, Esports, Crypto, & Animated film, who are partnering with creative rising stars to publish the world's most compelling games and entertainment.
Purpose & Scope:
Ex Populus is striving to bring joy to people around the globe with the world’s most compelling games and entertainment at the highest level possible. We are determined to work with the next generation of elite content creators and enable their vision by bringing them into a world class studio with some of the industry's most elite talent.
What You'll Do
- Design and paint 2D and 3D environments/characters/props/vehicles under the direction of the Creative Leadership of the games
- In collaboration with designers and producers, create and pitch concepts for a variety of 2D sequences in line with the theme of the games.
- Work with the Digital Animator to produce files directly for use in-house
- Generate rough concepts to explore new designs to help define the style of the games
- When requested, create and present innovative ideas to enhance visual concepts and designs
- Knowledge of and ability to integrate fundamental painting techniques and tools into artwork
- Superior eye and ability to translate a thorough understanding of color, composition, detail, texture and lighting into designs and/or paintings
- Willingness to take feedback and rework material while maintaining a fresh perspective
- Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff and ensure all deadlines are met
- Ensure all artwork is properly backed up, organized and stored appropriately
- Ensure all shipping materials are prepared and ready on time
What You’ll Need:
- At least 3 years of experience in television animation, feature animation and/or video games
- Portfolio that demonstrates seasoned design and painting skills
- Thorough design foundation including knowledge of: perspective, composition, painting, lighting and color theory
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and other related tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is a team player, who genuinely enjoys working with others
- Strong time-management skills
- Works well in a fast paced production environment under pressure
The company is founded by industry veterans that have collectively received 3 Oscar nominations, 12 Emmy nominations and 7 Annie noms. The staff comes from companies like Ubisoft, Blizzard, Activision, Love Death & Robots, Pixar, Illumination, Wargaming and others. We look forward to speaking with you!