Unity Game Developer
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2022
Ex Populus is a cutting-edge gaming and entertainment startup focused on building the Metaverse by leveraging web3 technology. Founded by notable executives from PC, Console, Mobile, VR, Esports, Crypto, & Animated film, who are partnering with creative rising stars to publish the world's most compelling games and entertainment.
Purpose & Scope:
Ex Populus is striving to bring joy to people around the globe with the world’s most compelling games and entertainment at the highest level possible. We are determined to work with the next generation of elite content creators and enable their vision by bringing them into a world class studio with some of the industry's most elite talent.
What You’ll Do:
- Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance and usability of the editor, tools and tool chain as a whole
- Keep the existing engine and tools up to date in accordance with the latest changes occurred in the development pipeline (e.g. new SDKs or middleware versions)
- Implement new game features and services in close partnership with the content team of the project and with respect for the player’s comfort and game’s performance
- Improve existing game features based on design requests
- You identify and report risks at a technical level to the producer and other technical leads.
- You write robust, optimized and maintainable code.
- Working with producers, product managers and designer in an AGILE environment
- Writing code to turn design concepts into a playable game
- Programming the player character’s movement and mechanics
- Programming artificial intelligence for non-player characters within the game
- Programming custom collision & physics systems
- Programming UI, HUD and other Menu elements into the game
- Programming the reward systems and meta systems into the game
- Working collaboratively with other developers, designer and producers to meet requirements and deadlines
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ Years of experience developing games in Unity
- Good knowledge of an object-oriented programming language, preferably C#
- Good knowledge of gameplay programming
- Experience in delivering mobile games for PC / Console;
- Availability to work with new APIs and concepts
- Able to work on projects that might involve a lot of changes
- Able and interested to work in highly iterative processes and R&D.
- Used to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
- Experience with scripting languages like LUA, Python etc.
- Wide understanding of different game technology areas (gameplay, graphics, tools, etc.)
- A passion for video games
- Wide-ranging knowledge of gaming trends
- A strong analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work as part of a team
The company is founded by industry veterans that have collectively received 3 Oscar nominations, 12 Emmy nominations and 7 Annie noms. The staff comes from companies like Ubisoft, Blizzard, Activision, Love Death & Robots, Pixar, Illumination, Wargaming and others. We look forward to speaking with you!