Art Director - Video Games
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2022
Ex Populus is a cutting-edge gaming and entertainment startup focused on building the Metaverse by leveraging web3 technology. Founded by notable executives from PC, Console, Mobile, VR, Esports, Crypto, & Animated film, who are partnering with creative rising stars to publish the world's most compelling games and entertainment.
Purpose & Scope:
Ex Populus is striving to bring joy to people around the globe with the world’s most compelling games and entertainment at the highest level possible. We are determined to work with the next generation of elite content creators and enable their vision by bringing them into a world class studio with some of the industry's most elite talent.
What You'll Do:
- A good understanding of all stages of the production of a video game (AAA or AA experience preferred)
- Knowing how to communicate an artistic vision
- Ability to give constructive and well-argued feedback
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it
- Fluency in oral and written communication in English
- Demonstrate Leadership and Openness
- Know how to be demanding while generating a friendly working climate
- Know how to work closely with other specialized artists (Modelers, Riggers, Tech Artists, Animators, Illustrators etc)
- Understanding the fundamentals of art and artistic culture (History of art / architecture / urbanism / design / etc.)
- Effective time management, problem solving and organizational skills
What You’ll Need:
- Understand, assimilate, enrich and participate in the transmission of the artistic charter of the project and its contents
- Communicate and develop visual concepts necessary for the realization of the production, in accordance with the technical constraints and gameplay.
- Working closely with other team leads and other trades within the project, to ensure that the project guideline is followed.
- Find the balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Ensure that teams have the means to appropriate the artistic vision and to enrich it.
- Approve the work done by the Art Team in order to reach quality objectives and respect deadlines.
- Manage a team of Concept Artists and Lighting Artists and ensure the development of the team.
The company is founded by industry veterans that have collectively received 3 Oscar nominations, 12 Emmy nominations and 7 Annie noms. The staff comes from companies like Ubisoft, Blizzard, Activision, Love Death & Robots, Pixar, Illumination, Wargaming and others. We look forward to speaking with you!