Cryptio is an enterprise-grade crypto back-office platform. Our software helps financial institutions, corporates and crypto-native companies navigate the fragmented digital-asset landscape with confidence. We are a Series-A company, backed by tier-1 crypto and non crypto investors: Point Nine, BlueYard, Tim Draper, Alven, Aave, Consensys, Outlier Ventures. Some of our clients include; Metamask, Aave, Nexo or the Sandbox.
We're bridging the gap between the blockchain and accounting systems – transforming DeFi, custody, OTC, and exchange data into auditable records for accounting, treasury and tax filings.
We're tackling one of the biggest challenges in crypto right now - building the infrastructure to help institutional adoption. And we're playing to win.
Are you from the Big 4 with high growth start-up experience? Are you looking for a business where you really get to shape what our finance department will look like? This might be for you...
We are a remote-first company and require you to be based in the United Kingdom or within France.
This role we require fluency in both English and French.
About the role
We're looking for a Finance Lead to build up our Finance team and become the right-hand person to our CEO, Antoine Scalia. You will be involved in all the accounting and financial aspects of our business. The volume of our data flows is increasing and we need to optimise our processes and make them more reliable! As the 1st Finance hire, you will work in direct reporting with the outsourced CFO and the CEO, which will enable you to work and develop on a broad scope encompassing all financial and strategic subjects.
FP&A - Financial reporting:
- Produce and update monthly financial reports and forecasts (P&L, Cash, Balance Sheet, etc.)
- Ensure consistency across our different tools
- Carry out financial and performance analyses;
- Prepare presentations and financial documents for the board, investors and the team leads
Analyst - Modelling and financing :
- Participate in the selection and deployment of new tools;
- Optimise cash management (forecasts, collections, settlements);
- Participate in ad hoc analyses;
- Optimise our costs.
Accountant - Accounting and tax closing:
- Tax closings: participate in monthly closings, in conjunction with the chartered accountant, and ensuring the reliability of current closing processes;
- Monitor the main tax returns and their deadlines;
- Coordinate with the accountants of the various entities (UK, US, FR)
What we're looking for
- You have a 5-year degree in finance/accounting or you have had experience in these fields, ideally combined with data skills.
- You have at least 2/3 years experience in a Finance team, in a high-growth Series B+ startup. With ideally a 2/3 years experience in Big 4/consulting/finance before.
- You are great at Excel (and Google Sheets), comfortable handling large volumes of data and great at reporting. You are able to leverage tools like Power BI.
- You are familiar with financial and accounting platforms (Stripe, Pennylane, Chartmogul, etc.) and other CRM-type tools;
- You are great at presenting and you can adapt to a variety of audiences (teams, founders, investors, etc.)
- You are able to communicate with different stakeholders: the CEO, the outsourced CFO, accountants, Sales, HR and external players at Cryptio.
- You are bilingual in French and English.
- You are eager to grow within the organisation and are aspiring to be a finance/ops leader.
- You are rigorous, autonomous, organised and able to take on responsibility.
- Fully-remote / Hybrid working in our Paris office
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays + your birthday off
- Equity grants - you can own a part of Cryptio!
- 4% pension contributions
- Private Medical Insurance
- Apple Macbook Pro
- $200 workplace budget
- Training and development budget