Head of Engineering
altr is a digital fashion platform dedicated to unlocking the value of cultural heritage and archival fashion. altr helps our partners unlock values of existing assets by digitizing and commercializing archival pieces, powered by web3 technology.
altr is backed by the leading fashion tech company Farfetch and leading web3 accelerator Outlier Ventures.
- Create cutting-edge web experiences for the future of digital fashion
- Collaborate with the community to build in the open
- Build out the engineering team with top talent using established coding patterns and processes
- Interview new engineering candidates and advocate for industry best practices so that we can build the best possible product
- Wear many hats - as the founding engineer for altr, you will help define our technical roadmap, assist product to execute the roadmap onboard new team members and have a tremendous impact on the future of digital fashion
- Senior full stack engineer with a passion for building full stack web experiences using the latest technologies like React, Node and more
- Experience creating 3d scenes in React using technologies like three.js and react-three-fiber
- Experience working closely with product and design teams
- An inclusive mindset that can write high quality code that will serve as the technical foundation for altr
- A startup mentality that allows you to iterate quickly with the end user in mind
- Open & growth minded with the ability to learn new skills quickly to thrive in a constantly evolving ecosystem
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to advise on technical direction and explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Understands the markers of a quality codebase (design patterns, testing, documentation, commit activity, CI/CD).
- Has designed and built solutions with REST and/or GraphQL at scale
Nice to have
- Understanding of the web3 ecosystem, including blockchains, wallets, onramps and the metaverse
- An interest in digital fashion, metaverse and web3
- Experience building on web3 and using libraries like ethers, web3.js, wagmi and rainbowkit
- Willingness to operate in a remote first environment (we are based out of London, UK)
- Understanding and experience creating 3d models using technologies like Blender
- Previous startup experience